Dr. Bailey has been practicing CranioSacral Therapy for over 20 years, with advanced training in Brain and Cranial Nerve support, Pediatrics and SomatoEmotional release.
CranioSacral Therapy is a form of light-touch therapy, performed over the clothes, that works to relieve restrictions in the craniosacral system and by doing so, affords the central nervous system an improved level of function. It was developed in the 1970s by Dr. John E. Upledger and is known worldwide for it’s health benefits.
Some of the conditions that may see a benefit from receiving a CranioSacral treatment include, but are not limited to:
- Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Infantile Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional Difficulties
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
SomatoEmotional release (SER) is a therapeutic process that may occur spontaneously during a therapeutic treatment, or may be the intent of a CranioSacral treatment. Memory and trauma are stored throughout the body on a physical and energetic level, and are intertwined with physical restrictions. As such, emotion may arise when the physical tissue releases. Your CranioSacral therapist is trained to help you process, and work through these scenarios if and when they occur.
For more information about CranioSacral Therapy, current &/or past research projects underway, or intensive programs, please click the following links, or contact us with any questions you may have.